Everyone wishes their skin could stay supple and youthful forever, but it is natural for your skin to change as you age. Factors like genetics, sun exposure, and diet all have an effect on how your skin ages, and you may notice changes in elasticity, texture, and thickness over time.
If you’re concerned about wrinkles, sunken cheeks, fine lines, or age spots, there is no time better than now to start age defying skin treatments. Your habits and behaviors in your younger years affect the health and appearance of your skin years in the future. It’s never too late to start giving your skin the TLC it needs to look radiant in your golden years.
Remember that everyone’s skin is different. While some people may be more concerned about volume loss, others may have issues with uneven skin tone, sun damage, or wrinkles. The best way to start is by scheduling a consultation with our certified clinicians at AK Beautiful You. Our team can help identify the right anti-aging treatments for helping you achieve smooth, full, and beautiful skin.
Ready to reach your skin goals? Learn more about our services.
How To Keep Your Skin From Aging
While it may seem that aging skin is inevitable, there are several steps you can take to help preserve your skin’s youthfulness:
- Always wear sunscreen. Any time you step outdoors, apply sunscreen to any uncovered skin and invest in sun-protective clothing to prevent damage from UV rays. Use a face moisturizer with an SPF 30 or higher during the day — even when it’s cold or cloudy outside.
- Avoid tanning. If you want a golden tan in the summer, consider applying a self-tanner instead of sunbathing or using a tanning bed.
- Exercise and eat well. A healthy diet, with plenty of fruits and vegetables, and regular exercise do more than keep your body slim and fit — they keep your skin supple and radiant for longer too.
- Use gentle cleansers and moisturizer every day. Implement a skincare routine that includes a gentle cleanser twice a day, weekly or biweekly exfoliation, and a facial moisturizer to promote hydration.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol. Smoking and regularly consuming alcohol can dehydrate your skin, increase wrinkles, dull your complexion, and cause damage that speeds up the aging process.
Top Age Defying Skin Treatments
In addition to making changes to your everyday lifestyle, getting skin treatments from a qualified clinician in Anchorage makes a significant difference in your overall appearance. Depending on your condition, these treatments can help restore your youth.
If you’re concerned about smile lines or wrinkles, facial fillers, like Juvéderm, can make a difference. These injectable fillers can also plump your lips and cheeks by adding hyaluronic acid to areas that look sunken.
Also injected into the skin, Botox reduces smile lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles around the eyebrows and forehead. These marks are often left behind due to repetitive facial expressions. Botox temporarily paralyzes and relaxes these muscles, helping diminish existing lines and preventing new ones from appearing. Our expert team at Ak Beautiful You includes Sara Dunlap, RN, who is Alaska’s leading injector in Botox. You can visit her Instagram page to see her work and preview what she could achieve for you.
Hyperpigmentation caused by age spots or skin damage can be addressed with an anti-aging chemical peel. This treatment can be used on various parts of the body, including the face, neck, chest, hands, arms, and back for a more even skin tone.
This minimally invasive treatment resurfaces the skin to help address scars, wrinkles, discoloration, sun damage, and more. Microdermabrasion can be combined with a chemical peel for more dramatic results.
Photo Rejuvenation Facial
By using intense pulsed light therapy, our clinicians at AK Beautiful You can help you achieve natural-looking, beautiful skin without surgery or needles. This treatment can help reduce several symptoms of aging, including age spots.
This age defying skin treatment removes the top layers of skin, which consists of dead skin cells, to unveil healthy, more youthful skin underneath. Dermaplaning effectively minimizes wrinkles and gives the face a smoother appearance.
Rediscover Your Youth
With the right lifestyle and treatment plan in place, you can achieve more youthful-looking skin at any age. With our team of experts in Anchorage, Alaska, you’re sure to love the results.
Want to unveil the skin of your dreams? Make an appointment today.