Everyone gets at least a few wrinkles on their face, and while fine lines can be a beautiful mark of aging, we understand that you want to have them on your own terms. There are many types of wrinkles that can show up on your face over time, from smile lines and crow’s feet to forehead lines and deep folds.
Many factors cause wrinkles, including the facial expressions you frequently make, sun exposure, your skin routine, gravity, and just about everything else. If you want methods to remove wrinkles and fine lines that actually work, AK Beautiful You can help. Our certified clinicians in Alaska have a few tricks up their sleeves for helping you reduce and prevent face wrinkles.
Want to see how we can help get rid of wrinkles fast? Call us to learn our full range of services.
What Types of Wrinkles Are There?
While wrinkles and fine lines are an inevitable part of aging, everyone gets them at different times and places. Your lifestyle and genes have a big impact on how your skin ages and the different types of wrinkles you can get are caused by varying factors.
- Expression Lines: These wrinkles typically form around the eyes and mouth. Making the same facial expressions, whether smiles or frowns, engages your facial muscles and leads to creases in the skin.
- Gravitational Wrinkles: We may take gravity for granted, but this force of nature never stops having an effect on your skin. It causes your facial tissues to deflate, which can lead to deep, sagging wrinkles, like droopy eyelids or lower face jowls.
- Compression Wrinkles: Also called sleep wrinkles, these lines are caused by your face being squished up against a surface for extended periods of time. People most often get these from how they lay against their pillows.
- Crinkle Lines: Crinkle lines appear on the skin when its natural elasticity is lost, often due to skin stress. Sun exposure is the main reason these wrinkles form, but they can also be caused by radiation therapy or smoking. This breakdown of elastin can also cause atrophic wrinkles, which are deep furrows that form on the forehead.
- Dry Wrinkles: Your skin needs moisture to stay supple and full. Dehydrated skin can lose some of its elastin and collagen levels, leading to dry, rough skin that is prone to facial lines.
What Cosmetic Treatments Can Help Reduce Wrinkles and Fine Lines?
The right type of cosmetic treatment for wrinkles depends on the cause and location of the lines. The best place to start is a consultation with one of our clinicians. We can create a treatment plan that is customized to your needs. We may recommend one or more of the following professional services to get the results you’re looking for:
- Botox: Botox is an FDA-approved, highly effective treatment for wrinkles that relaxes the muscles in the face. This treatment is especially beneficial for addressing expression lines. It can also prevent more fine lines from appearing.
- Microdermabrasion: This skin resurfacing treatment can completely revamp your skin and improve its texture. It is an effective option for removing fine lines, especially those caused by sun damage and dryness.
- Non-ablative Fractional Laser: Our clinicians can use a special, FDA-approved fractional laser to stimulate healing and boost collagen growth. This helps reduce fine lines, in addition to minimizing age spots, scars, and other marks on the face.
- Dermal Fillers: Facial fillers, like Juvéderm, can help restore volume. Whether you want to plump up your lips or fill in your cheeks, a boost of hyaluronic acid can help.
Ready to see results? Schedule your consultation today.